Sunday, September 2, 2012

Veet Hair Removal Gel Cream Review

Hey guys! Today I'm going to do a review about the Veet Hair Removal Gel Cream for normal dry skin. What it basically is if you haven't heard about it, it is a cream you rub onto your skin and wait 3-7 minutes as suggested, wipe it off/wash off and it will remove your hair. There are two different kinds of the cream; there's one for sensitive skin and just one for normal and dry skinned people. Veet also makes different products for hair removal too. 


I first heard this product on Youtube from ilikeweylie, and doing some more blog searches about this product I was half brought over, but still skeptical. Curiosity got the better of me, so I gave it a shot.

So just a little insider, before using the product I had arm hair and they were really thin and wouldn't be noticeable if I didn't have naturally dark hair. Actually, I used to be really self conscious of my arms because of that. It felt embarrassing and I didn't want to shave it cause it would feel prickly and it'll just get worse. And I know a lot of girls just wonder about what to do with the arm hair cause shaving it sounds weird and when it grows back out it's prickly. Also, epilating your hair is a real pain with the pun.

Okay, so I feel that I really like this product. It doesn't hurt at all! It's not like shaving where you can cut yourself, waxing, threading, or epilating. After this product, I'm kind of mad at myself for buying a $50 epilator that I don't even use much. It gets rid of fine and thin hairs really well, BUT if you have course and thicker hair you'll have to do it a few times before you'll have thinner hair that'll remove much easier. I mostly use this on my arms because it removes faster and for me when it grows back it's not prickly. I use this on my legs too and it works just as well as my arms. Sometimes I do my underarms so my follicles get thinner. The only thing about the cream is that you DO have to go back with a razor or whatever you want because some spots will be missed and you'll still have hair there.

The only thing I hate so much about this product is the smell. It says it smells like roses and trust me that's far from it... It smells REALLY chemically and even like baby diapers. I don't suggest leaving this in your trash because it will still smell as long as it's there.

Also, you would expect this product to really dry out your skin because of all the chemicals used to remove the hair, but it doesn't! I don't know what's in here, but it makes my skin smooth as a baby's butt. And if you live anywhere like me where the water is just really drying to your skin than I would highly recommend this because even though shaving cream says it'll moisturize your skin, it'll only do so for about a week or so.

In all, I love this product. It's defiantly a life changing product as corny as it sounds. It's defiantly for those who can't always shave in the shower or is just too lazy to shave (totally me). Lazy people let's unite and have a Veet revolution! Just kidding, haha. I would recommended putting a dot on your skin, just in case your skin is sensitive to the cream. Oh, and this cream is NOT suggested to put on your face, chest, or your southern areas if you catch my drift.

So I hoped you guys enjoyed! Comment below on what's your thoughts about shaving, hair removal, or just anything :)

Intragram: a_breath

No comments:

Post a Comment